Hi! We all know naman na kung ano anong mga seremonyas at mga rituals ang ginagawa natin like reviewing, mag practice sumagot ng mga questions, and etc bago mag take ng board exam.
Here's some tips para sa mga kukuha ng Pharmacy Licensure Exam (ito ang ginawa ko noon, sana makatulong sa inyo)
1. Listing all the Subjects- Think for a awhile, then isipin mo kung ano ba dapat ang una mong rereviewhin. Malaking tulong ang pag gawa ng list ng subjects na dapat aralin. Pag minsan kasi bara-bara tayo sa pag pili ng mga subjects na ating rereviewhin. Kung ano lang ang gusto natin un lang ang rereviewhin. hindi tama un.
2. Set priorities - Just think about it, kung ikaw ang normal students at graduate ka ng April, kukunti nalang ang panahon mo para mag review. More than 3 months nalang ang timeline mo para sa board exam. So you need to set priorities at kelangan din mag set ng goals and decide kung mag eexam ka ba talaga o hindi. Minsan kasi sasabihin mo sa sarili mo na mag eexam ka pero in fact hindi ka naman nag rereview. Happy go lucky ka nalang at pa mall mall nalang. Set your mind na mag bboard exam ka at hindi magbabakasyon.
3. Study Smart not Hard - ito minsan ang mali sa pag rereview. They are reviewing so hard and not smart. Kelangan mong maintindihan na ang exam ay multiple choice. Hindi mo kelangan i-memorize ang PACOP reviewer para pumasa ng board exam. What you need is to know the basics and to review everything na napag aralan mo noong nag aaral ka pa.
4. Be prepared - Most people think that taking a licensure exam conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission in the Philippines is difficult, but people don't usually notice that what makes the exam really difficult is that they lack the preparation neccessary in the board exam
5. Start Praying - I say when preparing for anything we have to ask a lot of help from someone or something which is of higher being. It is because from my experience it really helps a lot. BELIEVE that you will be helped but you must also do your part which is to study. Pray everyday. You don't necessarily have to go all the churches just to seek help. Its just the same being and the end results would just be the same. as quoted from my review instructor "Pray like there's no one to help you and Study like there's no prayer to help you." Just do your best and God will to the rest.
6. Review everyday and practice - There's no great preparation for the board exam than studying everyday. I am not saying you study 247. Just have time to study everyday. Studying is not reading. Having read the a chapter in the book does not mean you have learned the lesson(except for those gifted individuals of course). I suggest you read a chapter slowly and try to understand it very well. It's hard at the beginning but you'll get used to it because that's what you'll probably be doing from now on right? There are a lot of study tips available in the internet if you want to have a good study habit.
7. Reward yourself - From time to time reward yourself by going out at some place where you can relax your mind. It's important that rest your mind after studying because it is in this time that the brain will process what you have just studied. Dont study the day before the board exam. Lalo kang ma ttense kung ganun ang gagawin mo. At lalo mo lang makakalimutan ang mga nireview mo. Relax and just be prepared for the exam. Always get enough sleep. Optimum function ang brain kapag ikaw ay may pahinga. Dont watch TV, makipag-away sa BF, mag Mall, Manood ng sine. These task will divert all your knowledge at makakalimutan mo ang mga nireview mo.
8. Focus Focus focus - There is no greater way than focus. Just focus on your study and NEVER think that you will fail. You have no reasons to fail because you are studying. Focus focus focus and dont get nervous!
9. Read and Understand - The exam is simple, basahin mo at intindihan ang tanong. Simple di ba? You dont have memorized everything all you need is the understand what is being asked.
10. Be Healthy - Kumain ng tama. A sound mind is a sound body. Paano ka makakapag isip kung ikaw ay gutom. Humingi ng tulong sa mga kasam-bahay na dapat nilang maintindihan na ikaw ay nag rereview para sa board exam. Dapat ipagluto ka nila bigyan ng masusustansyang pagkain dahil kelangan mo un. Dont take too much fatty food, medicines, and other substances na pwedeng magpapoopoo sayo before the board exam. Mahirap ang pumunta sa CR para lang pumupoo.
Remember: "You don't have to be an honor student or a dean's lister to pass the exam. Being academically exceptional in college is not a guarantee ."